There are a variety of ways to get involved with Homegrown Alabama:
- Attend the market! Support Alabama farmers and Alabama’s economy.
- Plan a farmers market. Students, faculty and community members are invited to our weekly meetings where we’ll discuss rules and regulations, vendor recruitment, advertising, logistics and special events. To find out more about meetings, follow us on Facebook or follow Homegrown on Twitter and WordPress.
- Volunteer at the market. Help set up and take down the tents, sit at the Homegrown Alabama information table, administer surveys and more. We’re always looking for more help, so contact email@example.com or sign up on SLPro to volunteer.
- Donate. Your contribution will support the continuance of our EBT (Food Stamps) incentive program. New in 2011, the Homegrown market now accepts EBT. To improve access to fresh, local foods, Homegrown will give EBT patrons $5 when they spend $10 at the market to help make that dollar go further.
- Buy a shirt. Show your support for the market by purchasing a T-shirt. You may purchase a t-shirt or tank top at the market for $15. The shirts are American Apparel lightweight, ringspun cotton.